Dessert Recipe: Chana Dal Payasam
1. In a pan, heat 1 ghee and pan fry cashews and raisins until golden brown.
2. In another pan, heat ghee, add washed chana dal and saute for a minute.
3. Now add water as required.
4. Now cover it with lid and let it cook for 10-12 minutes until soft.
5. Now add in the coconut milk and jaggery.
6. Now add the cardamom powder and roasted cashews and raisins.
7. Stir well for about 6-8 minutes or until it changes it colour to dark brown and is thick enough.
8. Serve hot or cold, as preferred.