Homemade Dhaba Style Chicken
Don't pull out your car and go speeding down a highway if you're craving for some dhabha-style chicken, just make it at home instead.
1. Marinate chicken with yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Mix well and leave aside for 20 minutes.
3. Heat up the oil in a deep wok.
4. Mix in bay leaves, cloves and cardamoms and stir fry for 30 seconds.
5. Mix in the onions paste and stir fry for 5 minutes.
6. Mix in tomatoes, turmeric and green chillies, stirring frequently until the oil separates from the gravy.
7. Mix in marinated chicken stirring it well for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and tender.
8. Sprinkle garam masala and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
9. Add kasuri methi and stir for another 2 minutes. Add the cashew paste and stir for another 2 minutes.
10. Mix in salt to taste. Remove the chicken from the gas and leave to rest for 10-20 minutes.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger julienne and sliced green chillies.