Oct 14, 2018
Method of Preparation:
– Make 3-4 deep slits on both sides of the chicken legs with a sharp knife. Rub in a little turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt and set aside.
– In a grinder make a paste of the fried onions, raisins and aloo bukhara and keep aside. You may add a teaspoon of yoghurt to help make the paste if needed.
– Heat oil in a pan, when smoking hot, sear the chicken pieces over a high flame for 2-4 on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
– Into the same pan, add the onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, and sugar and cook until the raw onion smell disappears.
– Reduce the heat and add chili powder, turmeric powder, half the garam masala powder and sauté well.
– Add the saffron soaked milk and mix well.
– Add back the chicken legs and pour in half a cup of water, cover and cook on a medium-low heat for about twenty minutes.
– When the chicken is cooked remove the cover and add cream and khoya and mix well.
– Add ghee and mix well.
– Sprinkle rose water along with the rest of the garam masala powder.
– Turn off the heat and serve hot.