Mar 17, 2016
Serve these Bengali-styel parathas with some curry or dal of your choice.
1. Knead a soft and pliable dough using flour, salt, oil, milk and water. Rest the dough for 20 mins.
2. Make small lime-sized dough balls from the prepared dough. Roll the dough into a 8 cm circle.
3. Apply ghee on the surface and sprinkle with rice flour. (This process will enable the layers to be visible once the porota is fried later)
4. Make an incision from the center of the circle till the edge.
5. Start rolling from one cut edge till the end. This will help to form a cone. Flatten the
cone from both ends and roll it out again till 6 cm in diameter.
6. Deep fry in hot oil till golden and crispy.
7. Dhakai porota served best with cholar daal (lentil)