Oct 12, 2016
This festive season, Roopa shows you how to make a delicious Kolhapuri mutton dish!
1. Take some mutton in a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder & green chutney & mix it well.
2. Take a deep pan, add some oil & chopped onions and sautée until translucent.
3.Add the mutton to the pan and cook it until the mutton turns slightly white.
4. Add some water & let the mutton cook.
5. Take a flat pan, add oil, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, black stone flower, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, coriander seeds and chopped onions and roast it until it becomes dark brown iin colour.
6. Add fresh & dried coconut and roast it.
7. Wait till the mixture gets cold & then grind it into a nice paste.
8. Strain off the mutton stock.
9. Take a pan , sautée some chopped onions.
10. Add the paste to it and mix it well.
11. Add chilli powder & kolhapuri masala to the pan and mix well.
12. Add the mutton pieces to the pan and stir it well.
13. Drizzle some stock in the pan and let it cook for sometime.