Jul 27, 2018
– Sieve flour with baking powder. Keep aside.
– Grease rectangular baking tin with butter and line with parchment paper. Grease with butter and dust with flour. Keep aside.
– In a pan, combine milk and tea and bring to vigorous boil. Once well boiled, switch off the flame and allow to steep well. Once cooled down, strain and keep aside.
– Preheat oven to 180 C.
– In another bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy, using an electric beater.
– Add eggs, one by one, and whisk till combined.
– Add essence, flour mixture, milk and fold into batter.
Pour in prepared tin and bake in preheated oven at 160 C for 25 to 30 minutes or till baked.
– Cool over a wire rack.
– Prepare strong tea using water and Earl grey tea. Strain and keep aside.
– Over a double boiler, combine butter, icing sugar and tea decoction. Whisk till smooth and runny.
– Pour over cake and serve.