Earl Grey Tea Cake Recipe
- Sieve flour with baking powder. Keep aside.
- Grease rectangular baking tin with butter and line with parchment paper. Grease with butter and dust with flour. Keep aside.
- In a pan, combine milk and tea and bring to vigorous boil. Once well boiled, switch off the flame and allow to steep well. Once cooled down, strain and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy, using an electric beater.
- Add eggs, one by one, and whisk till combined.
- Add essence, flour mixture, milk and fold into batter.
Pour in prepared tin and bake in preheated oven at 160 C for 25 to 30 minutes or till baked.
- Cool over a wire rack.
- Prepare strong tea using water and Earl grey tea. Strain and keep aside.
- Over a double boiler, combine butter, icing sugar and tea decoction. Whisk till smooth and runny.
- Pour over cake and serve.