South Indian Egg Curry
A quick lip-smaking egg curry for a lazy day.
1. Make a thick paste using chicken 65 masala and water.
2. Add eggs and coat with prepared paste. Shallow fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and allow to crackle. Add curry leaves, ginger and onions. Saute on a medium flame till translucent.
4. Add tomatoes and dry masalas and cook on low flame for few minutes.
5. Add tamarind water, hing, salt to taste and bring to a boil. Once well boiled, reduce flame and add jaggery.
6. Add fried eggs, check for salt and gravy consistency. You may add rice flour paste if gravy is runny.
7. Right before switching off the flame, add coconut milk and simmer for few seconds.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with parathas or rice