Festive Special: Mawa Malpua
Thinking of what dessert to make this Dussehra? Neha Mathur has just the thing for you. Follow these simple steps and make this mouth watering Rajasthani Mawa Malpua for your near and dear ones.
1. Add sugar, cardamom, saffron and water in a pan. Cook till the syrup is of one string consistency and keep aside
2. Mix half of the warm milk and khoya in a bowl. Mix till khoya is combined.
3. Add half of the maida and mix to make a smooth paste.
4. Add the remaining maida and make a smooth paste.
5. Add sugar, saunf, salt and baking powder and mix well.
6. Add the remaining milk and mix well.
7. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
8. Heat ghee in a shallow pan.
9. Mix the batter and pour a small ladle full ( approx 2 tbsp ) in the hot ghee. ( The ghee should not be too hot )
10. Simmer the heat to low and fry the malpua on both the sides till golden brown.
11. Remove from ghee and dip in the sugar syrup for 2 minutes. Serve hot as such or with kesar rabdi