Put that fresh catch to a good use and whip up this delicious biryani!
1. In a bowl, take 1 cup rice and add 2 cups water. Keep aside to soak for 15-20 mins.
2. Once the rice is soaked, parboil it and keep aside.
3. In a blender, add 1 cup sago, 5-6 red chilies, 4-5 garlic cloves,1 tbsp poppy seeds, 1 piece ginger, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 tsp clove, 6 green cardamoms and 1 cup water. Grind into a paste and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and 2 onions sliced. Cook till onions turn pinkish brown.
5. Add 5-6 curry leaves and cook for 2-3 mins.
6. Add 2 tomatoes chopped and 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, grounded paste, 2 tbsp oil and 1 cup water. Cook for 2-3 mins.
7. Add 600gms seer fish and mix well. Cook for 3-5 mins.
8. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, parboiled rice, 1/2 cup fried onions, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Cover and cook for 15-20 mins.
9. Biryani is ready to serve.