Bengali's share an eternal love affair with fish. Maacher Dumpukht is an authentic Bengali fish recipe cooked in a Gravy of yogurt, poppy seeds and almonds. Do follow this simple recipe of Ananya to make this finger-licking dish at home.
1. Marinate The Fishes With 2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder And Salt.
2. Heat Oil In A Pan And Fry The Pieces Of Fish Till They Are Golden From Both The Sides Keep Aside.
3. In The Same Oil, Add Sliced Onions ,Ginger And Garlic. Sauté Them On Medium Heat Until The Onions Become Slightly Golden.
4. Grind Together Fried Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilli, Salt, Soaked Almonds, Poppy Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder And The Coriander Leaves.
5. In A Kadai Heat The Ghee And Temper It With Bay Leaves And Dry Red Chilli. Sauté For 2-3 Mins And Then Pour In The Prepared Onion Mixture. Cook The Mixture For 5-7 Minutes Or Until The Oil Starts To Ooze Out From It.
6. Add In The Yogurt And Stir In The Fried Fishes.
7. Simmer Them Covered Until You Have Your Preferred Consistency Of The Gravy. Sprinkle Some Garam Masala Powder And Kewra Water Seal With Ata Dough ( Prepare Atta Dough) And Put It On Dam For 3-4 Mins.