Ganpati Special: Ukdi Che Modak
A big part of the festival of Ganesh Chaturti, these sweet treats are straight out of a Maharashtrian kitchen.
1. In a heated vessle, add in water. Once hot, put ghee, flour, salt and elaichi powder. Mix well.
2. In a pan, add in ghee, coconut and jaggery. Mix well and cook until the jaggery melts and coats the cococnut.
3. Let both these mixtures cool for a while.
4. Once cooled, knead the rice flour mix and make small dough balls.
5. Make a small bowl out if the balls, stuff them with the coconut mix and seal them.
6. Steam and serve.