Goan Classic: Chicken Cafreal
Make Goa's classic chicken dish in the comfort of your own kitchen!
1. Marinate chicken pieces with salt, turmeric and 8 to 9 sauce.
2. Grind together - coriander leaves, half the onions, green chillies, garlic, ginger, cloves, pepper corn, cinnamon, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, cashew to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil, fry remaining half of onions, add chicken and sauté till it changes colour.
4. Add ground paste, tomato ketchup, salt and the stock.
5. Cover and cook on simmer for 25 minutes till chicken becomes tender.
6. Serve with pao!