1. Boil water in a deep non-stick pan, add bay leaf, black cardamoms and salt and bring to a boil. Add rice and cook till the rice is 3/4th done. Drain and keep aside
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, mace and sauté for half a minute. Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add mushrooms and soya chunks. Mix well.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well. Add tomato puree and mix well. Add coconut cream and mix well.
4. Add yogurt and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add little water and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add half of the fried onions, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon juice. Spread rice on the top. Drizzle saffron and remaining ghee.
6. Cover the assembled biryani with a tight-fitting lid and seal the edges with atta (dough). Cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve hot garnished with remaining fried onions.