Sep 09, 2016
1. Roughly chop the seedless dates. In a mixer/food processor, grind to a coarse paste.
2. Either in a microwave safe bowl or in a pan on stove top, toast the oats for 6-8 minutes on medium flame, until aromatic and lightly golden.
3. Either in a microwave safe bowl or in a pan on stove top, toast the almonds until crisp and aromatic.
4. Add peanut butter, honey and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, give it a good mix to combine. Add 10 more seconds if the liquids are not melted and smoothly combined.
5. Add the date paste to this mix and combine with a spatula.
6. Add all dry ingredients to this and mix well to combine.
7. Line a 6” square tray with parchment paper. Tip the contents of the bowl into the lined tray.
8. Smoothen with finger tips first to get an even slab. You can then firmly press down the mix with the bottom of a glass or cup.
9. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or place in freezer for 15 minutes.
10. Remove and cut into 12 pieces
11. Keep refrigerated separated by parchment paper.