Apr 12, 2017
1. Roast the corn along with garlic and 1 tsp of olive oil wrapped in aluminum foil in the oven for about 15-20 mins at 200C, till the corn just starts getting browned.
2. Let it cool a bit and in the meanwhile get the other stuff ready.
3. Mix both the flours (whole wheat & semolina), salt, pepper, parsley and jalapeno together.
4. To this, add the roasted corn and garlic. Add the salsa to bind it together. The mixture should just about come together. If you think it’s not coming together, add a bit of cheese to it. The original recipe asks for cheese, but I didn’t have any good cheese in the house that day so I decided to give it a skip and frankly I didn’t miss it much.
5. In a greased muffin pan, now line this mixture in a 1/4 inch thick layer. Use silicon molds if you have and don’t mind, it will make the task of removing the shell along with egg out a lot more easier.
6. Bake the shell at 180C for about 15 mins, till it feels set.
7. It will shrink a bit post baking, but don’t worry about it. Now break one egg in each of the baked shells/cups.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper if you want. Bake them again at 180C for about 10 mins for a perfectly runny yellow. If you want a little more harder baked egg, bake it for another 5 mins or so, but remember it will also harden the shell a bit.