Healthy Palak Dhokla
Make your dhoklas even more healthier by adding spinach to give it a nutritious boost.
1. To make the spinach puree, first blanch the spinach by letting it stand in boiling water for 20-30 seconds and immediately shifting it to a bowl of cold water.
2. Puree the blanched spinach along with ginger using a mixer.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the gram flour, salt, sugar till everything is mixed.
4. Add the spinach puree, curd, oil and lemon juice to the besan mixture along with a little water at a time and mix it till the batter is of thick pouring consistency
5. Set it aside for resting from 10-15 minutes.
6. While the batter is resting, get your steaming device ready. Fill some water in the cooker or steamer and bring it to boil.
7. When the steamer is ready sprinkle the eno over the dhokla batter and gently mix it through.
9. To make the tadka, Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, let it splutter, add the asafoetida, sesame seeds, curry leave and green chilly, and allow it to crackle.
10. Add the sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Pour this liquid evenly over the dhokla.
11. Cut in desired shape and serve garnished with coriander leaves.