Panchratan Daal is a Rajasthani delicacy that is perhaps the easiest recipe one can come across.
1. Mix all the dals ( lentils ) in a bowl. Wash nicely.
2. Add the dals in a pressure cooker. Add water, salt and turmeric powder. Cook till dal is done. Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot, add onion and garlic.
3. Fry for 2 minutes. Add dry red chilies, ginger and green chilies.
4. Fry till onion turns golden brown. Add the tadka in the cooked dal.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with bati or rice.