Holi Breakfast: Bedmi Poori
This Bedmi Poori recipe is perfect for breakfast on Holi morning.
1. Wash and soak urad dal for four hours or more.
2. Drain the water. Blend dal coarsely into a thick paste, preferably in a food processor using as little water as possible.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the spices to the flour and mix well.
4. Add the dal paste to the flour and form into a soft dough using lukewarm water to knead. Spread one teaspoon of oil over the dough and continue kneading for one minute. The dough should be slightly stiff. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 mins - 1 hour.
5. Distribute the dough in 10 equal roundels and roll them thin using a little oil.
6. Fry in hot oil until crisp.