India Food Network
Nov 03, 2018
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take half cup of unsalted butter (at room temperature).
2. Furthermore, add half cup of powdered sugar.
3. Beat smooth using a hand blender or a whisk for 5 -10 minutes.
4. make sure to beat till the butter or till it turns soft and fluffy.
5. Further add plain flour, salt, semolina and baking soda.
6. Furthermore, add cardamom powder (elaichi powder).
7. Mix well with the help of spatula.
8. Further, knead the dough and combine with your hand.
9. Do not over knead as maida will release gluten and turn chewy.
10. Make small balls and flatten with your hand.
11. Further, top with few chopped pistachios over nankhatai and press gently.
12. Place the tray into preheated oven. Bake the cake at 180 degree celsius or 356 degree fahrenheit for 15 minutes. or till the biscuits start to turn slight golden on top.
13. Remove the tray and allow the cake to cool completely.
14. Once cooled completely, nankhatai turns crunchy and tasty.
15. Finally, serve nankhatai or store in airtight container when cooled completely.