Chef Varun Inamdar
Aug 23, 2018
– Soak rice and dal for a few hours.
– Coarsely grind soaked dal, rice, and water as required in a blender.
– Mix it well and make a thick batter
– Transfer the mixture in a large bowl, add cumin seeds, chilies, ginger, salt. Combine it well.
– Lastly, add fruit salt to the batter.
– Grease the paniyaram mold with oil.
– Fill a tablespoon of batter into each of the mold sides.
– Cover and simmer for a minute or until Appe get cooked slightly.
– Flip it over and let the other side cook
– Let it cook until it’s golden brown on both the sides on a low flame.
– Serve it with coconut chutney.