May 31, 2018
1. Dry roast coconut on a medium flame till colour changes. Keep aside to cool.
2. Heat oil and fry hing.
3. Add dals . Roast on a medium flame till the dals change colour.
4. Add coriander seeds and dried red chilies. Roast on a medium flame till you get the aroma of coriander.
5. Grind along with coconut and salt to a semi coarse powder.
6. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add curry leaves, brinjal, turmeric, hing and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
7. Add tamarind water. Cook on a medium flame till raw aroma of tamarind disappears. Add ground powder, peanuts and enough water for gravy consistency.
8. Simmer on a medium flame with jaggery for 2 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and appalam or flatbreads.