How To Make Baingan Masala Curry
Brinjal Curry or Eggplant Masala curry is a traditional south Indian dish packed with flavour and lots of masala to tickle your taste buds. Watch and learn this scrumptious curry by Preetha in the comfort of your home and let us know your feedback.
1. Dry roast coconut on a medium flame till colour changes. Keep aside to cool.
2. Heat oil and fry hing.
3. Add dals . Roast on a medium flame till the dals change colour.
4. Add coriander seeds and dried red chilies. Roast on a medium flame till you get the aroma of coriander.
5. Grind along with coconut and salt to a semi coarse powder.
6. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add curry leaves, brinjal, turmeric, hing and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
7. Add tamarind water. Cook on a medium flame till raw aroma of tamarind disappears. Add ground powder, peanuts and enough water for gravy consistency.
8. Simmer on a medium flame with jaggery for 2 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and appalam or flatbreads.