Aug 11, 2018
– Cook the potatoes until soft, peel and mash coarsely.
– Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
– Add rest of the tempering ingredients and mix it well. Keep it aside
– Take a mixing bowl, add potatoes, coriander leaves, lime juice, tempering, and salt. Combine all the ingredients together.
– Divide the potato mixture into equal sized portions, approximately the size of a lemon.
– Take another bowl, add gram flour, salt, and water for batter. Make sure the batter is lumps free.
– Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry until golden brown in colour.
– Serve hot with a chutney.