How To Make Creamy Mushroom Soup with Herbs
Creamy Mushroom Soup drizzled with olive oil is the perfect answer to those cold rainy evenings. Chef Kamini Patel’s take on Mushroom Soup fuses the aromatics of herbs like rosemary and thyme with a lush blend of mushrooms, celery and olive oil in a light skimmed milk base.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic, onion and celery. Meanwhile, place the herbs in a muslin cloth and tie it up into a small potli.
- Once the onion, garlic and celery have cooked for at least 7-8 minutes, add the mushroom and salt and turn the heat on high.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the stock, milk and the herb bouquet.
- Let the flavours cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add more stock or milk depending on your preference.
- Switch off the heat and let the soup cool before blending.
- Serve warm with some drizzled olive oil on top and croutons.