How To Make Crispy Murruku At Home
Looking for a light snack to accompany your evening tea? With our easy to follow Thenkuzhal Murukku recipe, you can make the ideal tea time accompaniment. Made of rice flour infused with crunchy sesame seeds fried to a crisp it adds the perfect crunchy companion to your warm beverage of choice.
- Dry roast rice flour till it gets warm but doesn’t change colour.
- Dry roast urad dal and blend into a fine powder. Sieve and use.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except oil and knead into the pliable dough using water as required.
- Shape into murukku and deep fry in hot oil till cooked and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and store in airtight container.