Apr 13, 2016
How about a chicken curry cooked in an aromatic and spicy green masala for a weekend lunch?
1. To marinate the chicken, add turmeric, salt, a paste containing ginger, garlic and green chillies and mix it well and keep it aside.
2. Take a mixing jar and add coriander, cardamom powder, poppy seeds, green chillies, cashews, whole masala containing cinnamon, cloves and pepper.
3. Add water to it and grind it to a fine paste and then keep it aside.
4. Heat a pan and add oil.
5. Put finely chopped onions and cumin seeds and saute till the onions go translucent.
6. Add ground chutney and mix it well.
7. Stir it for a minute and then add the marinated chicken to it.
8. As the chicken starts turning white, add water.
9. Cover it with a lid, simmer and cook it for about 10 minutes.
10. After it has cooked, add grated coconut and cover it with a lid again.
11. After a minute of cooking, serve it hot.