For today's meal ditch your regular rice recipe and make some Jeera Rice. Follow Neha's simple steps and learn how to.
1. Wash the rice and soak in 2-3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot, add cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon.
3. Fry for 20 seconds. Add the soaked rice, bay leaf, salt and 2 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook the rice till it's done and all the water is absorbed. Switch off the heat and let the rice rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork after it has slightly cooled.
4. Heat 2 tsp ghee in a small pan. When the ghee is very hot, add cumin seeds and when they starts to crackle, add green chilli and fry for a few seconds.
5. Pour the ghee over the cooked rice.Add coriander and mix well. Serve zeera Rice with any curry or dal of your choice.