Nov 23, 2016
For today’s meal ditch your regular rice recipe and make some Jeera Rice. Follow Neha’s simple steps and learn how to.
1. Wash the rice and soak in 2-3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot, add cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon.
3. Fry for 20 seconds. Add the soaked rice, bay leaf, salt and 2 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook the rice till it’s done and all the water is absorbed. Switch off the heat and let the rice rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork after it has slightly cooled.
4. Heat 2 tsp ghee in a small pan. When the ghee is very hot, add cumin seeds and when they starts to crackle, add green chilli and fry for a few seconds.
5. Pour the ghee over the cooked rice.Add coriander and mix well. Serve zeera Rice with any curry or dal of your choice.