How To Make Padhir Peni
Kicking off our lost recipes special Chef Preetha brings us a dessert called Padhir Peni Or Chiroti. Chapatis layered on top of each other bound by ghee are fried to give you crisp rolls which are sprinkled with powdered sugar for a delectable dessert you simply cannot resist.
- In a bowl, combine rava, water, salt , few drops of ghee and knead into smooth dough. Grease palms with oil and knead well. Cover and keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat ghee well till light and foamy. Add rice flour and beat well till it resembles cream/padhir. Keep aside.
- Combine sugar and cardamom. Keep aside.
- Divide dough into 8 roundels and roll first into a thin chapatti.
Smear with a portion of ghee –rice flour mixture.
- Top with another thin chappati and smear that with ghee mixture.
Continue process till all chappatis are stacked one on top of the other.
- Roll into a log and cut into equal portions.
- Roll each into a poori and deep fry in hot oil/ ghee till brown and crisp.
- Top each with sugar mixture, dry fruits and serve with milk (optional).
- IFN Tamil
- padhir pheni
- sweet chirote
- festival sweets
- padhir peni recipe
- padhir peni recipe in tamil
- pathir pheni
- how to make pathir pheni by preetha
- chiroti sweet recipe
- chiroti recipe
- chiroti recipe step by step
- pathir peni
- pathir peni recipe
- chirote recipes
- chirote recipe by madhura
- chiroti recipe karnataka
- chirota recipe