How To Make Patoli
A traditional Konkani sweet, patoli is prepared using turmeric leaves, coconut and jaggery typically during Ganpati.
1. Take a pan, add some ghee, fresh coconut and roast it.
2. Grate some jaggery on it and mix it well. Let the jaggery cobine with the coconut.
3. Turn off the flame and add the cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
5. Take one of the turmeric leaves and follow the prcedure as shown in the video.
6. Once that is done, take some rice flour in a bowl and add water to it. Mix well.
7. The batter must be slightly thick and smooth which is easy to spread on a leaf.
8. Take a leaf and apply some of the batter on the leaf.
9. After applying the batter, take a spoonful of the stuffing and add it to the centre of the leaf and close the leaf as shown in the video.
10. Seal the edges. Place the leaves on the steamer and cover it with a lid and let it steam for about 10 minutes.
11. Turn off the gas once the leaves turn pale.
12. Cool it down for a bit and serve with some ghee.