India Food Network
Jul 20, 2015
Ringan Bateta nu shaak (Eggplant or bringle & Potato Curry- Aloo Baigan) is a delicacy in a Gujarati household and in almost every traditional Gujarati function.
1. Mix the gram flour, coconut, coriander and the dry spices (except sesame seeds) in a bowl.
2. Pour 4-5 tbsp. oil into the bowl and mix well to make the filling for the brinjals and potatoes.
3. Slice the brinjals and potatoes top to bottom at the centre, and stuff-in the filling.
4.Heat the remaining oil in a pan with sesame seeds added, until it crackles.
5. Add the brinjals and potatoes to the pan, along with any remaining filling.
6. Sprinkle some water over it and place the lid to allow the mixture to cook. Serve hot, preferably with hot Rotlis, Paratha or Bajra Rotla.