Today on IFN Marathi we have a recipe that turns even the most dreaded vegetable into an exciting dish. Archana Arte brings us a delicious recipe of stuffed karelas or भरली कारली which is rich in spice and flavour. Cored karelas are stuffed with a filling of ground coconut mixed with an array of spices and are then fried to give you delicious and crunchy stuffed karelas.
Karela/Bitter gourd: 3
Dry coconut: 1/2 cup
Mix masala powder: 1 tablespoon
Dhana or coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Finely chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Crushed peanuts: 2 tablespoons
– Take a mixing bowl, add dry coconut, powdered spices, crushed peanuts and coriander leaves. Combine it together.
– Take the washed, peeled and slit karela and stuff the stuffing.
– Shallow fry the stuffed karela in 3-4 tbsp oil on low flame.
– Also, make sure to fry the bitter gourd both sides.
– Cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
– Bharwa karela or stuffed bitter gourd is ready to serve with rice or chapthi.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.