How To Make Stuffed Karela
Today on IFN Marathi we have a recipe that turns even the most dreaded vegetable into an exciting dish. Archana Arte brings us a delicious recipe of stuffed karelas or भरली कारली which is rich in spice and flavour. Cored karelas are stuffed with a filling of ground coconut mixed with an array of spices and are then fried to give you delicious and crunchy stuffed karelas.
- Take a mixing bowl, add dry coconut, powdered spices, crushed peanuts and coriander leaves. Combine it together.
- Take the washed, peeled and slit karela and stuff the stuffing.
- Shallow fry the stuffed karela in 3-4 tbsp oil on low flame.
- Also, make sure to fry the bitter gourd both sides.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Bharwa karela or stuffed bitter gourd is ready to serve with rice or chapthi.