How To Make Veg Kolhapuri
Vegetable Kohlapuri/ व्हेज कोल्हापुरी is a pillar of Maharashtrian cuisine with its characteristic spicy coconut based gravy. Chef Roopa brings us her definitive version of Vegetable Kohlapuri complete with a variety of veggies prepared in a freshly ground masala infused with spices and coconut powder. Do give our recipe a try and let us know your feedback in the comments below.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in cinnamon, cardamom, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, grated coconut, cloves and pepper. Stir fry it.
- Blend to smooth powder adding little water. keep it aside.
- Heat oil and saute onions add ginger-garlic paste. - Then add tomato and saute well.
- Further add boiled vegetables , salt to taste, and powdered spices.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, add chopped capsicum and blended masalas. Mix it well and let it cook.
- Finally, serve veg kolhapuri with tandoori roti or garlic naan.