Toss your left-over idlis in some Manchurian masala for a Chinese twist to this South Indian favourite.
1. In a bowl, make a thick paste using maida, cornflour, salt, spring onion greens, pepper and water.
2. Coat idlis in this paste and fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
3. Combine 200 to 300 ml water and Manchurian masala powder in a bowl and mix well.
4. In a wok, heat oil. On high flame, add curry leaves, chillies, ginger, garlic , onions, bell peppers and carrots and saute.
5. Add veg manchurian masala and stir once. Bring to a boil.
6. Add fried idli and coat well in mixture. Cook to desired gravy consistency or till semi dry.
7. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve.