Oct 11, 2018
Method of Preparation:
– In a deep bowl, mix baking powder with maida. Add vanaspati and mix well. and mix well. Prepare a smooth but stiff dough. and let it rest under cover for about 10-15 mins.
– Divide the dough into 3 parts.
– Roll out each part into a thick roti of about ¼-inch thickness. With a knife, cut the roti into thin strips, a quarter inch broad and 1½ inch long.
– In a kadhai, heat enough oil for frying the gojas.
– Fry in batches on low heat till they turn light brown.
– To make syrup, boil 1 cup sugar in1 cup water till the syrup reaches one string consistency. Add the fried gojas to the syrup.
– Remove from heat and mix well so that the gojas are sugar coated and dry. Let them cool before serving.