For the rice:
1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 6 cups of water in a pan.
3. Once the water starts to boil, add cloves, black cardamom, shahi zeera, bay leaf, black peppercorn, cinnamon, green cardamom, salt and ghee.
4. Drain the rice and add it in the water.
5. Cook until rice is 80 % cooked.
For the Keema:
1. Heat mustard oil in a pan.
2. Add onion, ginger paste and garlic paste and fry for 5-6 minutes until onion is slightly browned.
3. Add tomato, tomato puree and curd and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add green chilli, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder garam masala powder and salt.
5. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add little water if the masala is too dry.
7. Add keema and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
8. Cover and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and cook on high heat until all the liquid is absorbed.
10. Add potatoes, mint, coriander and lemon juice and cook for another minute.
For assembling the biryani:
1. Transfer the cooked keema in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Top with 80% cooked rice.
3. Sprinkle saffron soaked in water on top.
4. Sprinkle golden fried onion, ghee, mint and coriander on top.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup water in the pan.
6. Cover the pan with tight lid.
7. Cook the biryani on very low heat for 15-20 minutes.
8. Fluff gently using a fork.
9. Serve hot.