Khambati Halwasan Recipe By Nandita Iyer
Add a chocolatey twist to a familiar Gujarati dessert with this delicious Halwasan by Chef Nandita Iyer. Enjoy your Halwasan infused with Good Day Chunkies in today's Britannia Dessert Carnival, a dessert overloaded with chocolatey happiness to share with your loved ones.
1. Chop almonds into fine pieces.
2. Also, chop cashews in a separate bowl.
3. Grease a plate with some ghee.
4. Grind chunkies biscuits into fine powder in a mixer jar.
5. Heat some ghee in a wok and add gum raisins to it. Fry on low flame until they get puffy and little brown.
6. Transfer fried gum raisins to a bowl. Keep it aside.
7. Now add milk to the pan and cook till it thickens. Stir at regular intervals to prevent it browning at the base.
8. The mixture has turned quite thick in consistency. Add gum raisins while stirring the porridge mixture continuously.
9. Now add chopped almonds and cashews. Mix everything really well.
10. Next, add brown sugar and stir well. Keep stirring continuously to prevent the mixture sticking to the base.
11. Turn off the flame, when the ghee starts separating from the mixture and it became thick and nice brown in color.
12. Add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder to it and mix well.
13. Pour the mixture on a greased tray and spread it evenly.
14. Sprinkle some chopped almonds and cashews over it.
15. Slightly pat the dry fruits so that it set on the mixture.
16. Keep the mixture aside to set and then cut in small to medium size chunks.
17. Transfer the halwasan pieces on a plate. Halwasan is now ready.
- india food network
- Nandita Iyer
- Diwali Special Recipe
- britannia dessert carnival
- saffron trails
- halwasan khambhat
- halwasan recipe in hindi
- khambhat halwasan in ahmedabad
- halwasan sweet
- gujarati sweet recipe
- gujarati sweet recipe for diwali
- broken wheat
- broken wheat recipes
- broken wheat recipes for weight loss
- how to make halwasan
- instant halwasan