1. In a blender, add 1/2 cup sago, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 tsp black pepper, 8-10 cloves, 2 star anise, 4-5 red chillies and very little water. Grind it and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, take 1 cup rice and add 2 cups water. Keep aside to soak for 30 mins.
3. Once soaked, parboil the rice and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 2 bay leaves, 5-6 green cardamoms, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 cup onion chopped, stir for a few mins.
5. Add 2 tsp chilli powder, 2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 cup curd. Mix well and add 250 gms chicken, cook for 5-7 mins then add the grounded paste and cook for 5 mins. Add salt to taste and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook for 15-20 mins.
6. Heat another pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 2 potatoes slices, cooked chicken gravy, parboiled rice, 1 cup saffron soaked in milk, 2 tbsp ghee, 1/4th cup fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, 10 gms cashew nuts, 10 gms raisins and 10 gms almonds. Cover and cook for 15 mins.