Now don’t just wait for the cook or the restaurant to eat your favorite Kokum Kadi. Prepare and eat Kokum Kadi at home .
- Heat one 1 tbsp oil
- Add 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin) seeds
- Add Ginger-garlic-green chilli, chopped
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and salt to taste
- Tip: When using Kokam (garcinia), go easy on the salt
- Crush the soaked Kokam (garcinia) with your fingers
- Tip: If you are in a hurry, soak the kokam in warm water
- Tip: Kokam (garcinia) needs to be soaked for approx. 30 minutes
- Add the kokam (garcinia) and mix well
- Wait for a boil and add the thick coconut milk
- Wait for another boil with the coconut milk and turn off the flame
- Tip: Coconut milk may split on the flame. To salvage the saar and for thickness, add a little rice flour. This works with every saar!
- Ready to serve!
- Tip: Kokam saar tastes best with rice and fried dry fish!