1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, sesame seeds and poppy seeds and sauté well.
2. Add half the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
3. Add coconut and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool the mixture to room temperature. Grind the cooled mixture with ½ cup water into a fine paste.
4. Pour mutton stock in a deep non-stick pan and place over heat. Sieve the ground paste into the pan and discard the leftover residue.
5. Add garam masala powder, red chilli powder, stir and bring to a boil.
6. To make tempering, heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add remaining onions and Kolhapuri masala and sauté till onions turn golden.
7. Add tempering to rassa and mix well.
8. Serve hot.