Lohri Special: Shakkarpara (Water Chestnut Flour Cookies)
On the auspicious occasion of Lohri, learn how to make shakkarpapra but with a twist!
1. First make the coloured sugar by adding a couple of drops of beetroot juice to the castor sugar, mix well and leave it to dry out..
2. Next take a bowl and add all the ingredients except the powdered sugar and mix.
3. Knead into a stiff dough with the help of very little water (only if required)
4. Roll the dough out to a thin layer and cut into diamonds or squares.
5. Deep fry the pieces and the moment u take them out roll the diamond cuts in flavoured sugar.
6. Top with roasted white Til and serve them.
7. You can store these in an airtight container for upto a week.