Chef Pallavi's Moti Pulao or Pearl Pulao is her vegetarian twist to this lost recipe from the royal kitchens of Lucknow. Paneer and cheese roundels are deep fried into pearls and added to a flavourful pulao. This treat for your taste buds is just one of our many recipes to show how India is #UnitedBySwad.
Grated paneer: 2 cups
Grated cheese: 1/2 cup
Chopped almonds: 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
Cornstarch for binding
Salt for seasoning
Big cardamom: 2
Green cardamom: 4
Cinnamon sticks: 1
Black peppercorns: 5-6
Haldi powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Degi mirch: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1tbsp
Salt a pinch
Garam Masala powder: 1tbsp
Curd: 1 cup
Chopped mint: 1/2 cup
Chopped coriander: 1/4 cup
Soaked Basmati rice: 1 cup
– Mix paneer, cheese, almonds, cardamom powder in a bowl and knead into a smooth dough. Divide into small equal portions and roll into balls.
– Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry paneer balls, on medium heat, till light golden brown. Drain out on absorbent paper.
– Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add black and green cardamoms, cloves, black pepper and cinnamon sticks and saute till fragrant.
– Add powdered spices and curd. Mix it well with a splash of water.
– Add in cooked basmati rice and combine it properly with the masala mixture
– Garnish the pulao with mint, coriander leaves, and paneer moti balls.
– You veg moti pulao is ready to serve! Enjoy
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.