Maharashtrian Karanji Gujiya
This sweet and savoury Maharashtrian snack is a festive favourite.
1. In a heated pan, roast grated coconut until slighlty golden brown.
2. Transfer it on a plate and keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add ghee along with semolina and roast.
4. Add the semolina to the coconut with sugar, cardamom powder, dry fruits and mix.
5. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and hot ghee.
6. Pour some water and knead it into a dough.
7. Scoop out small portions of the dough, roll out, stuff it with the filling and shape.
8. Fry it and serve.