Maharashtrian Kothimbir Vadi Recipe
For a quick and easy tea - time snack look no further than our Kothimbir Vadi recipe. Crisp and crunchy on the outside while soft and spice infused on the inside, Kothimbir Vadi is a versatile snack which can be enjoyed by itself or as a tea time accompaniment.
- Roast peanuts lightly and crush it in the blender.
- In a large mixing bowl, add besan, crushed peanuts, chili powder, white sesame seeds and salt to taste.
- Gradually pour in water and combine all the ingredients together.
- Heat a oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Then add garlic, ginger and chili paste and mix it well.
- Next, add chopped coriander leaves and pour in the besan mixture. Combine making sure all the spices are mixed well.
-Stir it continuously on high flame until it forms a soft dough.
- Grease the baking tray and spread the vadi mixture into it. Let it cool
- Cut them into thick slices.
- Further, deep fry or shallow fry in hot oil.
- Stir occasionally till the wadi turns crisp and golden brown.
- Finally, serve kothimbir vadi garnished with coriander leaves along with cutting chai and chutney.