1. In a pressure cooker, pour in water and add the dal and let it cook.
2. In a heated pan, add in ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, hing, mix masala, coconut, criander and mix well.
3. Add in tomato, onion, kokum, ginger, garlic and cook on a high flame.
4. Put the boiled dal in the masala and cook together.
5. Put salt, coriander, water and let it cook.
6. Serve hot.
Archana shares simple recipes, cooking techniques and kitchen hacks to make delicious Maharashtrian food. Watch Archana prepare simple yet mouth-watering recipes on Archana�s Rasoi.