India Food Network
Nov 19, 2018
1. Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the mawa and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the alum powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Transfer the mawa mixture into a greased 100 mm. × 100 mm. (4” × 4”) aluminium tin and spread it evenly. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for a day.
5. Divide the mawa mixture into 10 equal portions.
6. Place each portion of the mixture on a 75 mm. X 125 mm. (3”x5”) butter paper and roll it up tightly. Press them lightly with your fingers and flatten them.
7. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve immediately or store refrigerated and serve chilled.