India Food Network
Nov 12, 2018
1. Take milk powder in a bowl and add milk/water.
2. Stir it with a whisk to combine and set aside.
3. Puree the mango pulp in a blender.
4. Place a non stick pan over the medium flame.
5. Add the puree to the pan and cook for about five minutes.
6. Now add crumbled paneer.
7. Combine the paneer with the mango puree and add sugar.
8. Stir again and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium low flame.
9. Soak a pinch of saffron to the two tablespoon of hot milk.
10. Stir it to mix. Set aside to get it dissolve.
11. Now add the milk powder mixture to the cooking puree mixture.
12. Stir to combine and add the saffron milk.
13. Cook the mixture on low flame with continuous stirring until it forms a thick fudge consistency.
14. It took me around 10 minutes to achieve right consistency.
15. Prepare a tray by greasing ghee or butter on the surface.
16. Now add the mixture to the prepared tray and flatten it.
17. I used spoon to flatten the mixture.Don’t forget to grease the spoon as well so that mixture doesn’t stick to the spoon.
18. Allow it to cool completely till set. Garnish the top with pistachios and silver or golden leaves . Cut the barfi into desired shape.