Maharashtrian Recipe: Matki Usal
Matki chi usal is a popular dish in Maharashtrian households, and is paired with pav or bread.
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil
2. Add 1/2 spoon mustard seeds, 3/4 tsp hing (asafoetida), 3/4 tsp turmeric
3. Add one bowl onion, tomato and salt to taste
4. Sprinkle some coriander and 1 tsp red chilli powder (or mix masala)
5. Add enough water for the ingredients to cook
6. Add the matki (moth seeds)
7. Add 2 tbsp grated coconut. It can be replaced with sugar too.
8. Mix well, cover the wok to let the sabzi cook.
9. Garnish with grated coconut and coriander and matki sabzi is ready to serve!
1. Heat oil, add pound garlic and masala, a little water and coriander.
2. Add the matki sabzi to it and wait for a boil.
3. Serve with bread.