Harpal Singh Sokhi
Mar 18, 2019
– Gently wash the rice and soak in water for 1 hour.
– Strain and keep aside.
– Mix milk, yellow food color, saffron, rose water and sugar in a bowl.
– Heat 4-5 cups water in a pan.
– When it comes to a boil, add the soaked rice & cook till the rice is done.
– Strain in a sieve and mix a tablespoon of Oil in the rice and keep aside.
– Heat the remaining ghee in a pan, add almonds, cashew nuts, chironji and raisins and fry till golden brown.
– Now add cardamom, black cardamom and cloves and fry for a few seconds.
– Add the milk mixture in the pan and bring it to a boil.
– Simmer the heat and add the rice and mix gently.
– Cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
– Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.