Nov 01, 2016
This Diwali, Neha will show us how to make, one of her favourite childhood desserts, Meethe Chawal. Follow Neha’s easy and simple steps and let’s have a sweet Diwali this year.
1. Gently wash the rice and soak in water for 1 hour. Strain. Mix milk, yellow food color, saffron, rose water and sugar in a bowl.
2. Heat 4-5 cups water in a pan. When it comes to a boil, add the soaked rice. Cook till the rice is 80 % done. Strain in a sieve and mix a tsp of ghee in the rice. Keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining ghee in a pan. Add almonds, cashew nuts, chironji and raisins and fry till golden brown. Add cardamom, black cardamom and cloves. Fry for 20 seconds.
4. Add the milk mixture. Bring it to a boil. Simmer the heat and add the rice. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve hot.