1. Wash the fish slices, sprinkle lightly with salt on both sides and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When hot, add ginger garlic paste and chillies. Reduce the flame and stir for a minute. Now add onion and stir till translucent.
3. Next add chopped methi leaves and half of the chopped coriander leaves, mix and cook in open pan for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and dry spices. Mix well. Cover with fitting lid and cook for a few minutes , till tomatoes and methi are well cooked and soft.
5. Gently blend with a wooden blender for a couple of minutes and add a little hot water to make a tick gravy.
6. Put in the fish slices one by one into the pan, add a little salt , cover and cook on medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Turn off flame. Serve hot, in a flat dish garnished with coriander leaves.