Sep 18, 2018
– Pressure cook the toor dal.
– Cut the vegetables in cubes and pressure cook them separately.
– Heat oil in the pan and add the black pepper. Once they splutter add chana dal and urad dal and roast until it turns golden brown. – Then add red chilies and roast, then add coconut to the mixture.
– Let it cool and grind to a paste.
– Add the cooked vegetables to the cooked toor dal. Add the ground masala, salt and boil for about 5 or 6 mins. Add water to the curry.
– Garnish it with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
– Heat another pan and add oil and all the tempering ingredients.
– Pour it on and the Kootu is now ready. Serve hot with rice.